Tuesday 14 June 2011

Pledge of Allegiance

I pledge allegiance to my coach.
I promise to show up on time for all my lessons, ready to skate and willing to learn.
I promise to remember that coaching is your income, and to pay all my bills promptly.
I promise to practice in between my lessons to develop the skills you've taught me.
If I don't practice, I promise not to whine if I don't make progress.
I promise to trust your decision on whether I'm ready for a test or competition.
If I disagree with your decision, I will discuss it with you, not the gossip brigade.
Equally, if I have any issue with you at all, I will speak to you first.
I promise never to badmouth you to anyone, I will only say good things.
I promise to represent you well by being courteous to all other ice users
Even if they're not always courteous in return.
I promise to always try my best, even (especially) when it's hard.
I promise that if my best isn't good enough right now, I won't blame you and I will try not to kick the ice.
I promise that you are my coach and I am your skater.
I pledge allegiance to my coach.

No comments:

Post a Comment