Thursday 3 March 2011

Ballet

I decided that ice skating doesn't have enough strangely named, impossible moves that require more co-ordination than I have by demanding that I move my arms and feet at the same time, I decided to have a go at ballet.

Like most little girls, I did ballet (and tap) briefly. I was not good. My co-ordination hasn't deteriorated with age, I simply never had any to begin with. Even my father admits now that watching me dance was a chore. It's probably for the best that I quit when they wanted me to start working towards ballet exams.

I had the same arm/leg co-ordination issues as I do on the ice, but jumping around was fun. I could feel my posture improve, just need to try and translate that onto the ice. The teacher threw us in at the deep end with lots of words that made me wish I'd studied french at school, and I have forgotten the steps we did already.

Obviously, after just one lesson, I don't know how much it'll help my skating, but it's good for me and it's fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment