Monday 28 February 2011

Competition!

I survived my first competition!!! I'm happy with how I did, even though I came last. Skaters who were far better than me were far more disappointed in how they did!

Some things I learned:
  • 99% of skaters are very polite. They virtually all said "thank you" when I told them well done and handed them a certificate of participation, even the ones who would probably bin it before they got home
  • Nobody ever gets boo-ed. Everyone gets cheered. I like this.
  • That it is very difficult to find unique music (*smug* no one else skated to Baker Street)
  • Judges are people too. People who give up their time to watch and judge figure skating. Respect to them!
  • If your music doesn't work, there's only 3 minutes allowed to fix it or you get disqualified. If you leave the ice, you also get disqualified. God bless my coach for racing around the rink with my spare CD and her iPod when the spare didn't work either!
  • Little girls are very competitive about being flower girls. Possibly more so than the competition itself!
  • Even the best skaters fall in competitions. This doesn't neccessarily mean they don't win, so keep going and keep smiling!
  • There will always be people who don't take tests so they can win competitions. This is just something you have to deal with.
  • I think it's fun. I'm not entirely sure, but i think so

No comments:

Post a Comment